We need your donation
There is a high demand for our services and we cannot rely on Government funding for us to provide the range of services public housing tenants and those on the waiting list want from us. We need to raise additional funds. If you can help us it would be much appreciated.
• We service all of Victoria with only 3 full time staff and several volunteers.
• Our funding has not kept pace with the demand for our services particularly for us to be able to offer a drop in service or a regular visitation/tenant engagement program. We need more funding and greater flexibility with the programs and services we offer.
• Our current accommodation does not meet our needs. It is not centrally located or ideal for servicing our many clients being located in a residential public housing estate in Northcote. We need a larger more centrally located and accessible office with private interview rooms, adequate visitor parking and a proper reception area.
• Our telephone system is antiquated and we have only 3 lines with the facility to take only 12 messages before calls are lost. Tenants use our phones in emergencies or when they have no telephone access. On average we receive or make over 500 calls per month many of which are long and complex. We need better technology.
• We talk to tenants and contact the Department in relation to matters raised by tenants every day. In peak times, especially around Housing Office mail outs we need more trained and experienced staff including policy and research staff. We need more staff.
Help us expand our services to improve Public Housing for the benefit of all Victorians
Join us in our commitment to every tenant in Victoria. A small donation can make a big difference to the lives of tenants within our community.
We are a registered charity and we take our obligations to donors and regulatory bodies very seriously.
How can you be assured?
• We commit to being fully transparent
• We will provide a quarterly report on our website about donations raised and exactly how the money is being spent. (You can subscribe to our email notification service when you donate)
• Our target is less than 10% of donation funding will be used for the administration of donations.
• We will report on performance associated with this target and also on the funds received and how they were expended, along with outcomes achieved, on a project by project basis in our Annual Report. If you’d like to discuss any aspect of how we manage your donation, please contact our Finance and Admin Officer on 9481-4500.
A gift in your will
If you admire and support the values and work of the Victorian Public Tenants Association, consider including a gift to the organisation in your will. Making such a gift will help us continue to tackle the problems faced by public housing tenants and get better outcomes from our work on behalf of tenants.
Making or revising your will does not need to be expensive. You can speak to your own solicitor about how to do this. Read more to see a simple form of words you can use…
Victorian Public Tenants Association are a registered charity. You can view our registration here.